BENEFITS OF WATER MELON IN OUR BODY SYSTEM
We will be evaluating the benefit of different fruits and in this article it’s all about water melon benefit in our body system both internally and externally. Kindly sit comfortably and relax as you enjoy this article.
Firstly let’s get to know what water melon is: Watermelons are mostly water because it comprises of much water in it. Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that is good for you. It contains only 46 calories per cup but contains high vitamin C, vitamin A and many healthy plant compounds. Also, There’s even a modest amount of potassium. Plus, this quintessential summer snack is fat-free, very low in sodium. You can visit Google to read more about what watermelon is.
Here in this article we will be dropping five benefit of watermelon both internal and external part of the body :
BENEFIT OF WATERMELON FOR INTERNAL PART OF THE BODY.
- IT HELPS YOU HYDRATE: We all know that drinking water helps a lot in hydration so as fruits that contains much water does too. To my best knowledge watermelon is one of the fruits that contain much water. So therefore the combination of water and fiber means you’re eating a good volume of food without a lot of calories.
- IT CONTAINS COMPOUND THAT MAY HELP PREVENT CANCER: Many Researchers have studied lycopene and other individual plant compounds in watermelon for their anti-cancer effects. So after this research it appears to reduce cancer risk by lowering insulin-like growth factor (IGF), a protein involved in cell division. High IGF levels are linked to cancer.
- WATERMELON MAY IMPROVE HEART HEALTH: As we all know or let’s say majority knows that Heart disease is the number one cause of death worldwide. Now let’s bring to light how watermelon helps in improvement of heart health. Several nutrients in watermelon have specific benefits for heart health. Studies suggest that lycopene may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It can also help prevent oxidative damage to cholesterol. Get to know that According to studies in obese, postmenopausal women and Finnish men, lycopene may also reduce the stiffness and thickness of artery walls. Also, other vitamins and minerals in watermelon are also good for your heart. These include vitamins A, B6, C, magnesium and potassium
- CAN IMPROVE DIGESTION: Let’s all remember always that Watermelon contains lots of water and a small amount of fiber — both of which are important for healthy digestion. Eating water-rich and fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, including watermelon, can be very helpful for promoting normal bowel movements.
- MAY LOWER INFLAMMATION AND OXIDATIVE STRESS: How can watermelon lower inflammation and oxidative stress, here is how it may help lower inflammation and oxidative stress. Watermelon may help lower inflammation and oxidative damage, as its rich in the anti-inflammatory antioxidants lycopene and vitamin C.
In an earlier study, humans were given lycopene-rich tomato juice with added vitamin C. Overall, their markers of inflammation went down and antioxidants went up. Watermelon has both lycopene and vitamin C.
BENEFIT OF WATERMELON FOR EXTERNAL PART OF THE BODY.
- SKIN AND HAIR BENEFITS: Watermelon contains Vitamin A which is stellar for human skin, and for your information a cup of watermelon contains almost one-quarter of your recommended daily intake of it. Vitamin A helps keep skin and hair moisturized, and it also encourages healthy growth of new collagen and elastin cells, according to the Cleveland Clinic. Vitamin C is also beneficial in this regard, as it promotes healthy collagen growth. Doing this will surely help taking care of both hair and skin.
- ACTS AS A SKIN TONER: Watermelon contains a natural substance that helps to shrink body tissues. This essentially means that watermelon is a natural toner that can help to refresh the skin. So we can say it act as a skin toner.
- PREVENTS HAIR LOSS: Watermelon is packed with Vitamin C, which helps your body to use non-heme iron – this ensures that enough iron is in your red blood cells to assist in carrying oxygen to your hair follicles, promoting healthy hair. Collagen is also needed for healthy hair growth and watermelon helps promote collagen formation.
- PREVENTS OIL PRODUCTION IN SKIN: Sebaceous glands secrete oil that can be troublesome for keeping skin clear. Watermelon is packed with Vitamin A, reducing skin pore size and the amount of oil that your sebaceous glands secrete. Watermelon is believed to help with acne due to this these properties.
- PREVENTS SKIN FROM AGEING: One must know this because we all need it. As we get older our skin becomes thinner and less able to recover from damage. Our body is full of ‘free radicals’ that damage cells over time and can attributed to the cause of aging skin. Watermelon is full of antioxidants such as lycopene and also vitamin C and A which helps reduce these free radicals that can slow down the signs of ageing. The consumption of Vitamin A can encourage growth of collagen and elastin cells that helps your skin stay young and supple.
Today we will stop here and when next we want to talk about watermelon we shall continue from where we’ve stopped, but before then ensure you try making use of this article.I hope y’all reading this grab one or two useful benefit from the above article.
Kindly check back for other posts and ensure you recommend our site friends and family.